pondělí 12. května 2014

What the Experts say I

I chose this article, because its arguments are supported by numbers which are results from studies. This article is from website videogames.procon.org, which I recommended for the future research.

The article "Do Violent Video Games Contribute to Youth Violence?" offers arguments for both the critical and defendant side. For example in one case the PRO side argues that videogames with violent content tend to associate "pleasure'' and also happiness with being able to cause pain. In the contrast, the opposing side CON, which is defending videogames claims that the players know the situation in the game is not real, and that it is just a game. The defending side also claims that playing the game helps to the player to improve his ability to distinguish between the real world and the virtual one, where he can feed his hunger for violence and therefore the player is less likely to commit the violence in real life.[Procon.org n.d.]

  • http://videogames.procon.org/#Background




                                  Picture:http://time.com/34075/how-violent-video-games-change-kids-attitudes-about-aggression/

Source: "Video Games ProCon.org." ProConorg Headlines. N.p., n.d. Web. 10 May 2014.

Žádné komentáře:

Okomentovat